Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Getting Back on the Bandwagon (and off the scales!)

This past week hasn't been as productive as I had hoped it would be. I think part of the reason is that when I stepped on the scales a day into the regime and realized my body was cooperating (finally!) and leaving the plateau where I'd been so comfortable for entirely too long, I psyched myself out and decided I could take it slow and still eat what I wanted to eat. Not a good battle plan.

I've also been doing some emotional eating. For some reason I've been craving potato chips. Yesterday, I finally broke down and bought some at Trader Joe's, the "healthy kind" but at 150 calories for 7 chips, I should have bought the bag of chips I saw on Friday that was lower in calories. Once I open a bag of something, anything, I have no self-control anyhow, so if I'm going to binge, I might as well binge on something that is lower in calories! The bag of chips I got had 2400 calories in it total. I've eaten about 2/3rds of that bag already. Not a good idea.

I haven't dared to buy chocolate, because I know I shall inhale and it will be gone. Instead I picked up a tray of mini-blueberry muffins. The problem with those (as with the chips) is that 8 of the 12 muffins are now gone, and with each at 90 calories, let's just say I probably won't be looking at a weight loss this week. I know, I know, I need to get ahold of myself and do something about all this eating. Sometimes I wonder if maybe the only cure is to only buy celery sticks and apples, but realistically that is probably not the best way to go about it!

I had to laugh when I looked at my list of 7 goals for last week. I definitely did not meet all of those goals. I think this week I need to be more realistic. Maybe I should just pick one goal and stick with it.
  • This week I will not eat unless it is a meal-time, I will only eat 3 meals a day, and I will consciously choose the foods I place on my plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment