Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Recipe: Let Us Rap

Okay, so I've tried this only once before, but making lettuce wraps really is fun! I knew I had to eat some salad veggies for lunch today, and lacked creativity to throw a salad together, so I decided to wash the lettuce and chop the bell peppers and see where it led me. This recipe is really messy so keep plenty of paper towels nearby!

   4 lettuce leaves, washed
   Bell pepper, green and yellow or red, cut in chunky strips
   Cucumber, slices
   Pickle relish (I like Bubbies' relish)
   Tofutti Sour Supreme
   Salt to taste

Place a lettuce leaf on your plate, smear some sour cream on top of about half the leaf, put about 1/2 a tsp of relish on top of that, add two cucumber slices (more or less, depending on the size of your lettuce leaf), lay a strip of bell pepper on top, and salt to taste. You can either roll the leaf up like a burrito or you can fold it in half and roll it like a spring roll. Toppings can vary, I like the combination of crunchy, sweet, salty and sour.

Calories ~ minimal, maybe 15 per wrap. (the only real calories are in the tofutti)

No comments:

Post a Comment