Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Choices, Choices, Choices

I absolutely love Fresh Choice! My sis and I went there for lunch today, since I had a 35% off coupon, and we ended up paying only $5.26 each. Totally awesome! I think I ate about twice as much salad as I should have, but I loaded up on the salad bar and only had two pieces of pizza, a bowl of icecream, and half a slice of the zucchini loaf that I love. Now I'm trying not to think about the extra pieces of zucchini loaf I didn't eat that are wrapped in a napkin at the bottom of my bag!

What I love about Fresh Choice is that they have the nutritional information for every single item. Even the salad bar items! Like 1/2 a cup of spinach is 2 calories. It's perfect for me because as I went down the line, I was mentally adding up in my head the calories I was putting on my plate, and ended up with a salad that couldn't have been more than 300 calories. They also have a pretty decent fat-free Italian dressing for only 15 calories per serving (got to look for one of those in the grocery store next time!) but I had to get a little ranch for my boiled eggs. You just can't eat boiled eggs with fat-free dressing!

I think I want to figure out how to make my salad my main dish at lunch time. Today, my salad included edamame, fresh spinach, blue cheese, chipotle hummus (too spicy for me!), mushrooms, cucumber pickles, kidney beans, bell pepper, chickpeas, pita bread, sweet corn, and boiled egg. Yummy!!! Okay, I'm getting hungry, so I'll stop here!

No comments:

Post a Comment