Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Recipe: InstanTaste

For breakfast today, I had a delicious bowl of oatmeal. I used to hate eating oatmeal, but now that I've discovered Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal packets at Costco, I have discovered that a little sugar can go a long way to making it taste much better!!! I think tomorrow I will cut my oatmeal in half, or use 1-minute oats (150 calories for 1/2 cup is better than 260 calories for 2 packets) to reduce my total calories down to about 400.

   2 packets Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal (I love the Apples & Cinnamon one!)
   1 cup vanilla soymilk or ricemilk
   Handful fresh blueberries
   12 hazelnuts
   1 apple, chunks
   Wheatgerm

Bring milk to the boil, add packets of oatmeal, stir and take off the heat. Pour the oatmeal into a pasta bowl so it will cool down quicker. Sprinkle the blueberries, hazelnuts, wheatgerm and apples on top. Enjoy!

Calories ~ 575

No comments:

Post a Comment