Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Filling Up On Premium

Okey dokes, went shopping today and spent way more than I needed to. I seriously don't know how to shop for just one person! But I came home with all kinds of goodies, including
  • Fresh shelled edamame
  • Fat-free feta cheese and blue cheese crumbles
  • Organic arugula (of course!)
  • Fresh stuffed grape leaves (Costco, 20 for $9.99)
  • A mango
  • Mediterranean hummus
  • Avocadoes
  • Fresh blueberries
  • Whole wheat flour and corn tortillas
  • Aloe vera juice
  • Quick oats
  • Extra firm tofu
I tried a recipe for eggplant chips, not quite sure it was supposed to get that dark in the oven, but we'll try them tomorrow and see how they taste! I also fried up a lovely veggie curry, using an oil spray and Braggs instead of olive oil. With salads that I make every day at lunch, I have lunch for a couple of days at least.

The plan is to wake up early enough that I can eat oatmeal for breakfast, with tons of fruit, vegetables and a grain for lunch, and a soup for supper. We shall see how it goes this week! I have a huge basket overflowing with tons of fruit (bananas, mango, kiwi, oranges, apples, honeydew melon, grapefruit and clementines) and I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I get to start my healthy meal plan!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment