Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recipe: Eggplant Chips (re-posted)

A week ago I went online looking for an eggplant recipe. When I came across the recipe for "Eggplant Chips" I decided to give it a go. Now I am eagerly looking forward to going shopping again so I can buy two eggplants this time! I made some changes to the recipe, but it worked out really great. If you like salty snacks, you'll enjoy this one!

   1 eggplant
   Olive oil spray
   2 Tb Braggs Liquid Aminos
   1/2 Tsp Garlic salt

Spray the baking sheet with the olive oil spray, pour the liquid aminos on the tray, then sprinkle garlic salt. Make sure the baking sheet is covered, then take your 1/4 inch eggplant slices, coat each side with the amino-salt mixture, and place on the tray. I needed two trays, so I coated the first batch and placed them on the other tray, then coated the second batch, sopping up all the remaining amino-salt mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side at 400 F. Check after 7 minutes to see if they are burning yet, remove as soon as they are golden brown. My favourite way to eat these is in a tortilla wrap with alfalfa sprouts, arugula, and a salad vegetable.

Calories ~ 130 for the entire eggplant

No comments:

Post a Comment