Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Recipe: Shredded Crunches Salad

One of my favourite things to eat at lunch is a tossed green salad. This recipe is a basic idea of what I like to put in my salads, but you can change it up with green olives, chopped tomatoes, baby spinach, clover or alfalfa sprouts, kidney beans, fat-free feta cheese, or anything else you enjoy in a salad!

   3 large romaine lettuce leaves, shredded
   Handful of organic arugula, rinsed in cold water
   1/4 English cucumber, chopped
   Salad dressing
   Salad Topping
   Salt to taste

Layer the vegetables and pour your favourite dressing over it. I use Briannas Homestyle Real French Vinaigrette Dressing, you can buy it at Winco and it lasts forever. Plus it's only 130 calories for 2 Tbsp and very flavourful, so I don't need to use very much. You can also make a simple dressing with olive oil, lemon juice, and Tofutti sour cream or vegenaise, and drizzle it over your salad. For the final touch and a bit of crunch, add a generous sprinkle of your favourite salad topping and serve!

Calories ~ 150-200 (varies depending on the salad dressing you use)

No comments:

Post a Comment