Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Losin' the Wait

Okay, so this coming week the plan is to try a more natural food plan. Whole foods, fruits, vegetables, nuts, grains. I'm not going to go raw all the way, but I am going to try eating as many unprocessed foods as I can. Been getting too lazy about the whole "counting calories" aspect of things, even though I've been pretty faithful about my exercise, and I think I've been more in a maintain mode than a weight-loss mode. Hopefully this will help me kick-start the loss, because I need to get serious about it!

I went online and Googled some lists of raw foods, then created my own in Excel. I have a list of fresh & frozen fruit, fresh & frozen & tinned vegetables, beans, nuts & seeds, grains, and then miscellaneous items like yogurt, peanut butter (healthy, not the Jiffy kind), honey, hummus, olive oil, soymilk, seaweed, dried fruit, aloe vera juice, and date sugar. That's all I can think of right now!

Tomorrow I'm going in to town and plan to take my list and stock up on foods on my list. My fridge is pretty empty right now, so it's the perfect time to do this. I'm already thinking about making a salad with veggies, artichoke hearts or palm hearts, sunflower or roasted pumpkin seeds, extra virgin olive oil, and lemon juice. Ummmmm!

My goals for this week are to:

   1. Enjoy a good balance of food groups
   2. Eat enough so I am not starving in between meals (snack on nuts? drink more water?)
   3. Lose 2 pounds
   4. Keep exercising every evening (or morning if I can manage it)
   5. Have fun and be creative with my meals, enjoying what I'm eating
   6. Encourage positive thoughts so I can stick it out for a week
   7. Feel like I have more energy than usual

So here's to an exciting new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment