Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Walking Down the Road

Okay, so it really isn't easy, this whole weight-loss thing! I am now seeing why, over the years when I tried and tried to lose weight, it didn't work. Here are some of the ways I have found it doesn't work:

  • Eat snacks, preferably mid-morning, before supper, and late at night. 
  • Use liberal amounts of spreads and dressings on your food.
  • Have dessert every day.
  • Eat out at least once a week.
  • Have a minimum of two servings at each meal.
  • Fill your plate with protein and carbs.
  • Make chocolate, fried foods, and icecream your major food groups.
  • Spend your leisure time in front of the TV.
  • Get your exercise by walking to and from the fridge.
  • Drive to work, even if you live 2 minutes walk from your office.
I will be the first to admit that I have good days and I have bad days. On good days, I eat oatmeal for breakfast, one serving at lunchtime, and soup or salad for supper. On bad days I have a granola bar for breakfast, two servings and dessert at lunchtime, and a sandwich liberally spread with vegenaise for supper, along with an evening snack of chocolate and potato chips while I watch a movie and think about how many calories I am eating.

As I look back over this past year, when I determined to become serious about becoming a healthier person, I am proud of how far I've come. I also recognize that I still have a ways to go. But that's okay. See, it's all about the journey. For me, my journey is to emotional wholeness, and a big part of that is taking care of myself through exercise and good nutrition. Maybe you have a different journey, but wherever you are going, know this: you are worth it and you can do it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment