Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

No Oil, No Fat, No Nuthin', Really

So this week it's going to be a no oil and no fat week. Sigh. I know it's good for me, but I really don't want to do it! Do you know how many foods have hidden fats and oils in them? My mom and I decided we would give it a whirl, just for a week, because anyone can do anything for a week. And we're not going to be religious about it, but we're going to do the best that we can. I've already broken the rule. I made sushi today, and you can't make sushi with at least some oil in it. But doesn't the brain need some oil to function properly?

I'm excited, though. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get in my five miles again, because that's gone by the wayside since I went on holiday for a month and managed to sprain my toe last week by falling on it due to some slippery gravel. Exercise really is beneficial, and I know I always feel better after I've had a good workout. It's also time to stop being comfortable with my weight where I'm at and start working on the next goal! It's really not that far away, either, it's just that I much prefer to stay in my little comfortable "zone" instead of put some hard effort into it!

Here's to an exciting week that hopefully (fingers crossed) will be reflected on the scales in a few days' time!

No comments:

Post a Comment