Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Recipe: Sprout-stuffed Sandwich

One of my favourite things to eat is a sandwich wrap, whether it be a chapati with curry, a burrito with refried beans, a baladi with halvah and honey (yes, I really did put both of those in my sandwiches, hence the numerous crowns in my mouth!), a pita with cheddar cheese and vegenaise, or a dhohl puri (nothing extra needed, thank you very much!). This recipe is really simple and quick to make. 

     1 lavosh wrap (available at Trader Joes, may substitute pita bread)
     Tahini
     Persian cucumber (or English cucumber)
     Sprouts, alfalfa or clover are my favourite
     Salt to taste


Spread a generous layer of tahini down the middle of your wrap. Slice your whole cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then lay the quarters end to end, as many as needed, on top of the tahini. Pile sprouts on top, then salt to taste. Wrap lavosh tightly and enjoy.

Calories ~ 350 (depending on how much tahini you use).
    

No comments:

Post a Comment