Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Recipe: Chard & Lentil Stew

I adapted this recipe from http://vegetarian.about.com/od/soupssalads/r/crockpotlentil.htm and it is absolutely delicious! Here is my variation on a theme:

     1 cup brown lentils, soak overnight
     4 cups of water
     1 bouillon cube
     1/2 red swiss chard, chopped
     1/2 onion, chopped
     1 tomato, chopped
     Ketchup
     Seasonings, including oregano, black pepper, cumin

Soak lentils in enough water to cover, allowing for lentils to expand. In the morning, put them in a medium crockpot with 4 cups of water, 1 bouillon cube, swiss chard, onion, tomato, and seasonings. Cook on high for 10 hours. Add ketchup to taste and dilute with water if you like it thinner. Serve with thick slices of bread spread with Earth Balance margarine.

No comments:

Post a Comment