Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sun and Spekulaas

Having a plan is definitely the way to go. Prioritizing exercise is also a good idea! Staying hydrated is important. If you happen to be short (on water, not height!), it's better to drink an extra half liter at 9 pm than to be dehydrated (plus, if you're low on water, it will skew your weigh-in because your body then holds on to water and you appear to be heavier than you really are!).

This morning I chose to do a mile with my Leslie Sansone Walk-at-Home and then, because it was such a lovely day, walked two loops. So I got my sunshine in and my exercise, and all before breakfast! Which happened to be at 1 pm.

Since I knew it was going to be an International Food Fair this evening, with tons of tempting fried foods, I decided to keep my calorie count at a reasonable amount. I did not undereat, because I knew I'd be so starving I'd end up eating way too much in the evening. Then, luckily for me, I ended up volunteering to help with the money and tickets part of things, so I was too busy to eat. Had a slice of cheesecake, a cabbage roll, and probably about 3 spekulaas (Dutch spice cookies).

No comments:

Post a Comment