Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

As the Loop Turns

It's been a good day, so far. Staying up late to create this blog meant I slept in and didn't eat breakfast till about 10:30 am. Thinking about my blog the night before encouraged me to grab a quick rosemary baguette sandwich (minus the arugula, I didn't want to go to church with green stuff stuck between my teeth!), so while my breakfast was, again, 200 calories, this time it was more filling and kept me happy till lunch.

Rachel made an absolutely delicious vegan lasagna for lunch today. She has a really simple recipe, which I'll have to get from her sometime and post here, that basically consists of layers of tomato sauce (Prego works just fine), layers of mashed tofu, layers of uncooked lasagna noodles, and, if she has time, a cheese sauce made from pimentos. Assemble, pop in the oven, and bake. Even without the cheese sauce, it is still quite tasty and is starting to become a Sabbath lunch staple now!

For dessert we all enjoyed either chocolate or cherry-chocolate-chip vegan icecream. High in calories, yes, but once a week for a treat is just fine. Michael enjoyed his first taste of cherry-chocolate-chip, as he has recently begun eating chocolate since his allergies probably don't include chocolate. Now that I think about it, it is rather rare to hear of someone with an allergy to chocolate.

Most weeks I fall asleep on the sofa at my mom's house (it is the most comfortable place to sleep!), lulled to sleep by the silence only broken by occasional creaks of our friendly old mobile home and by the soothing sun streaming through the dining room window. This afternoon, however, I decided to go home to nap instead, but once I slipped my shoes off, I suddenly decided I wanted to do a couple of turns around the Loop instead. With my mp3 player and Sandi Patti's praise songs ringing in my ears, I stepped out my front door and headed to the beaten cement path.

I was originally planning to walk only two miles. After the first half-mile, I looked down and saw my battery had just changed to empty, so I decided I would walk until 1. I had completed three full miles, 2. I had finished listening to the Eric and Leslie Ludy Faithfully cd, or 3. my battery ran out. I found myself nearing the end of my third mile an hour after I'd left my house, my cd and battery showing no sign of ending, and fearing I would be walking till midnight, I headed in, refreshed and happy that I'd made a commitment to exercising today.

I've exercised 5 times this week so far. My goal is to do two miles of exercise (aerobic or walking) at least three times a week and up to five. I'm trying to find a balance that will work for me and that I can stick to for the rest of my life. Guess I've made my goal for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment