Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Recipe: Refried Lavash

 A twist on a classic burrito, I've paired a lavash with refried beans and kept it simple with few condiments.

   1 wholewheat Lavash from Trader Joe's
   Refried beans, between 1/4 to 2/3 cup
   Slices of sharp cheddar cheese
   1/4 avocado
   1 Tbsp sour cream, Tofutti (vegan)
   Pace salsa (I prefer mild)
   Salt to taste

Heat refried beans. Spread a generous portion down the center of the lavash. Add slices of cheese, placing directly on top of the beans so cheese will melt slightly. Smear sour cream on top of the cheese, add thick slices of avocado, dabs of salsa, and salt to taste. Roll up lavash tightly and cut into half. Serve immediately.

Calories ~ 575.

No comments:

Post a Comment