Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall

This week I managed to come down with a miserable head cold, the first of the season. But one reason I am grateful for colds is that they give you a kick start to losing several pounds at once. (Am still trying to figure out how to keep those pounds off once you start eating again!!!) So the scales obliged, and I was pleased, but I think it's a bit of everything this week. I've started doing a bit of exercise in the evening as well and now I'm trying to cook up a large soup in my slow cooker on Sundays for supper during the week.

I'm really quite pleased at how it is working out, especially since just six months ago the very thought of daily exercise was about as exciting as eating boiled eggplant with no seasoning. Simply put, my sleep was a bigger priority than my health. Now I've switched it up and have made my morning exercise a priority. Even if I only get 6.5 hours of sleep at night, I still drag myself out of bed at 6 am, lace up my clunky hiking boots, and hit that cement path for an hour. It might take twenty minutes for my eyes to open fully, but that's okay. I can stumble about the loop easily enough!

I guess I've just made my morning exercise a part of my daily routine. It is as regular as drinking my morning water, brushing my teeth, and combing my hair. It is just something that has to be done, whether I like it or not, and so I do it. But I only require myself to go 5 days a week. Perhaps it isn't the best plan in the world, but the weekend is my time off. I can relax a little, have some sweet treats, and get my exercise from 8-hour marathons when I go grocery shopping!

It is a slow and tedious process. . .this whole trying to be a healthier person journey. But today I looked in the mirror, and those stretch marks were starting to fade, and I could see my waist again, and I was excited! I think I'm finally finding me again. I just wonder why it took so long?

No comments:

Post a Comment