Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Throw Everything Out the Window, including the Diet Book

I have discovered the secret to weight loss. It includes late nights & little sleep, 200-calorie breakfasts, stress eating, snacking on Pringles, no exercise, and meals at 10:30 at night. This is guaranteed to help you drop over two pounds in one week.

Okay, maybe it isn't such a good idea after all. I think what happened is that my body hit a plateau, where I hovered for about two weeks, and it went up and down like a needle charting someone's heart-beat, but never quite managing to break the trend and keep on going down. Then I hit a stress week and everything went out the window. I wasn't eating right, sleeping enough, exercising properly, or tracking my weight loss. One thing I am proud to say, however, is that I did not snack on sweet things or high-fat foods (such as Cheddar cheese). I reached for the carbs and consoled myself with foods I had available in my cupboards, most of which were healthy options. Something shook up my metabolism and the scales registered it this morning!

I do hereby commit, however, to return to my healthy weight-loss plan that includes a proper breakfast, plenty of fruit and vegetables, vigorous daily exercise, and enough shut-eye to keep me happy. I am also pleased to report that tomorrow I will have completed an entire month of no-desserts-except-on-Sabbath! It wasn't easy, but it was definitely worth it. After buying that 7th Heaven DVD I've been wanting, I shall begin the next month of no-desserts-except-on-Sabbath and begin to work on my vegenaise addiction next. Hmmm, what shall I save up for this time?

1 comment:

  1. Vegenaise? Yummy! I don't eat it really now. Way too many points on Weight Watcher's. Lowfat Mayonnaise is only 30 calories for one Tablespoon :)

    ReplyDelete