Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Recipe: Spinache

A simple mushroom spinach quiche I just whipped this up this afternoon. 

   1 tub extra-firm tofu (preferably Trader Joe's)
   1/3 cup cornstarch
   Seasoning to taste (eg. Bill's Best chiknish)
   Salt to taste
   1 cup unsweetened soymilk

   3/4 large onion, diced
   4 cloves garlic, chopped
   9 fresh mushrooms, sliced

   1 bag of fresh spinach, washed

Blend the first five ingredients till smooth. Fry the next three ingredients till soft in a pan large enough to add the tofu mixture and the spinach. Add the tofu mixture and mix in, then stir in the spinach. Keep stirring constantly with heat on high until the spinach wilts. Pour into two wholewheat pre-made frozen pie crusts, pop into a pre-heated oven at 350, and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with gravy and mashed potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. I really love quiche. I might just have to try this version. (Of course, I like the "real" stuff.)

    ReplyDelete