Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Recipe: Eggplant Parmesany

I stumbled across this recipe when trying to make an appetizing dish out of two vegetables that needed to be cooked. It is easier than pie, uses minimal ingredients, and tastes absolutely delicious! If you're a creative cook, you'll have fun making my Eggplant Parmesany.

In a casserole dish, layer the following ingredients in the order listed

   1/4 jar of spaghetti sauce (just enough to cover the bottom of the dish)
   Thick slices of eggplant
   A thick layer of washed fresh spinach leaves
   Generous dabs of Tofutti Sour Cream
   Salt to taste
   Thick slices of eggplant
   Bouillon powder and onion powder to taste
   A second thick layer of washed fresh spinach leaves
   Salt to taste
   Grated vegan cheese (Follow Your Heart Cheddar) on the very top

Cover the dish with aluminum foil and let soak in the refrigerator overnight. About 1.5 hours before you plan to eat, turn the oven on to 350 Fahrenheit and pop the casserole in the oven. Serve with plenty of bread to sop up the sauce! You may want to add some extra water, but when I did that, I had to pour it all out at the end because the eggplant ended up swimming in a watery soupy mixture!!!

Calories ~ 400 for the entire dish (varies, depending on how much cheese and tofutti you use)

1 comment:

  1. Yummy. I do like egg plant. We have been eating pretty well here, not too bad with junk food, but I NEED to incorporate exercise. It is just so difficult. Motivation is key. My pants are getting tight though, so that should be motivation. :)

    ReplyDelete