Fresh Arugula
Check out my other blog! Some of my random ramblinz about life and my experiences along the way.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Lagging

So today wasn't the best of days. Ate a Twix bar, an Aussie bite, a microwave chocolate souffle, 2 waffles with maple syrup and margarine, and a piece of basboussa. In addition to 2 regular meals. Walked just over 4,000 steps. Yep, it wasn't the best of days. I haven't mentally calculated all the calories, but I'm pretty sure it's more than my daily allotment of 1,500!

So what to do when a day like this happens? First of all, my stomach is feeling pretty miserable and I had to leave a couple bites of the souffle in the bowl because I would be sick if I ate anymore. I'm thankful for that, strange as it may seem. Second, I realized that I ate this evening because I am programmed to eat when I watch any kind of cooking show (Top Chef Just Desserts was my downfall) and I wasn't hungry. So my 3.5 weeks of going to bed with a growling stomach was worth it to finally have an evening when I wasn't hungry. Of course I defeated the purpose by eating. . .but that's besides the point. And finally, I know it's a hassle but I'm going back to counting my daily grams of fiber. When you know something works, wisdom dictates that you continue to do whatever it happens to be. I was discouraged when I first started my high fiber diet because it didn't seem to be effective. Until several days in, when the weight started dropping and didn't stop. When I quit being conscientious about the fiber intake, though, the weight stabilized and then began to creep back up.

I want, no I need, to lose the weight for good. My goal in all of this is to learn how to eat healthily so that when there are days that I can't exercise, my body will still be happy because I will be giving it fuel rather than clogging it up.

So tomorrow is the first of September and my goal is to lose 5 pounds this month. I think it's possible and I plan to achieve my goal. If I can do so, I'll be that much closer to my goal weight and I'll be able to fit more comfortably into my clothes. I have the cutest red dress sitting in my closet waiting to be matched with a pair of red heels and a slimming black belt. Just a few more pounds and this 34-year old woman will be steppin' out in style!

No comments:

Post a Comment